2012-2013 Economic Impact Study
For every dollar and in-kind service invested in the Junior Orange Bowl Committee’s activities, the local economy will see the following: a total economic multiplier of 1.65 in additional hotel expenditures, 1.97 in local restaurant expenditures, and 1.93 in retail trade activity.
- The result, a 5.55 multiplier times the amount invested yields increased economic activity of yields a first, second, third and subsequent diminishing waves of economic activity of approximately $17,453,000
- A total increase in earnings to the community of some $8,970,000
- A net increase during the season of some 4,912 part time jobs.
- A net increase in area retail trade [read taxable economic activity] of some $9,637,000 dollars in sales, which would translate into approximately $722,775 in sales taxes recaptured by the State government.
- Prepared by Robert Bueso, Ph.D of The Valuation Group, Inc.